"The word of God is a human right."
Frank Kaleb Jansen - Founder/Chairman (1980 - 2009)
"Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.
Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, “The LORD reigns!” 1 Chronicles 16:23-31
Hello B4A Friends!
Josh and I have fully inherited B4A Ministries from my Dad(Bob Binkley). We know that the Lord has blessed this passing of the baton and feel His presence fully with us as we take on the beautiful opportunity to bless our brothers and sisters in India & Nepal!
Before I share the India Newsletter wanted to share some family prayer request:
-For Dad(Bob) as we continue to believe for his complete healing!
-For Josh as he is Traveling/Staying in India December 12th-24th
Here is a letter from P.M. Thomas...
Greetings to you all in the precious name of our dear Master! This year again, in May, the Lord took me to Udhampur, my first mission field. On June 15th it was my 88th birthday. My son Dr. Santosh was in Kerala at that time, for medical treatment. My daughter-in-law Shimona and my grandchildren made the occasion grand with a home-made cake and a tasty meal.
I could visit few churches there and praise God for His doings in those mountains. I reached back Gorakhpur on 30th June with Andrew, my grandson. All the past years God has been taking me through, carrying me on His shoulders. Now though my health is good for my age, the defect in hearing and memory affect my day to day life and above all, my preaching. Still by God’s grace, I continue to visit our churches in different villages with the message of soul winning, with Jesus’ great commission seen in Mat. 28:18- 20, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore GO and make disciples of all nations…” Here is one of my messages that inspired me and many of my hearers in the past years.
It is about Nehemiah, the leader raised by God for the remnant of Israel, who returned from 70 years of slavery in Babylon to their homeland in Jerusalem. God used him to complete the difficult work of rebuilding the burned walls of Jerusalem, that too, within just 52 days. He received the news of the pathetic condition of the remnants and the city of Jerusalem from his brother and group, who came to him from there. Neh. 1:2 “They said to me, ‘The survivors who are left from the captivity in the province are there in great distress and reproach, the wall of Jerusalem is also broken down, and its gates are burned with fire.’” Here are some of the qualities that made him a quality instrument for the Lord.
1. A man of tears 1:3-4 “When I heard these words, I sat down and wept and mourned for many days; I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.” 2:3 “May the king live forever! Why should my face not be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste and its gates are burned with fire?” 2:6 “How long will your journey be: and when will you return?” So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time” 2:7 “Furthermore I said to the king, let letters be given to me for the governors....they must permit me to pass through till I come to Judah.”
2. A man of prayer 1:5-11 “And I said, “I pray Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, you who keep your covenant and mercy with those who love you and observe your commandments, please let your ear be attentive and your eyes open that you may hear the prayer of your servant... for the children of Israel your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against you. Both my father’s house and I have sinned. We have acted very corruptly against you and have not kept your commandments..... You commanded..... if you are unfaithful,I will scatter you among the nations....if you return to me...I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling place..... your servant prosper... grant him mercy in the sight of this man.’”
3. A man of faith 2:12-16, “I arose in the night, and a few men with me; I told no one what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem.....I had not yet told the Jews, the priests, the nobles, officials or others who did the work ...... and I went out by night through the valley gate” 19-20 “But when Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official, and Geshem the Arab heard of it, they laughed at us and despised us.... So I answered them...the God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build...”
4. A man of planning 2:17-18, “I said to them....you see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come and let us build the wall of Jerusalem that we may no longer be a reproach... ‘ so they said, ‘let us rise up and build.’ Then they set their hands to this good work.... ‘” In chapter 3, Eliashib the high priest with his brethren built the Sheep Gate (3:1)...next, and next, and next..... and thus
the wall was rebuilt (4:6) “so we built the wall, the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work.” 4:14 “I looked and said to the nobles, leader and the rest of the people “do not be afraid of them, remember the Lord great and awesome, fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”
5. A holy man 9:2-3, “Then those of Israelite lineage separated themselves from all foreigners.. confessed their sins and the iniquities of their fathers.....And they stood up in their place and read from the Book of the Law ... confessed and worshipped the Lord their God” 13: 4-8 “Eliashib the priest, ... was allied with Tobiah....had prepared for him a large room.... I came to Jerusalem and discovered the evil .... It grieved me bitterly; therefore I threw all the household furniture of Tobiah out of the room.....” 13:15-22 “I saw people in Judah treading wine presses on the Sabbath and bringing in sheaves and loading donkeys with wine.... I warned them.... contended with the nobles of Judah.... I commanded the gates must not be opened till after the Sabbath. 13:23-27 “ I saw Jews who had married women of Ashdod, Ammon,and Moab...could not speak the language of Judah... I contented with them and cursed them, struck them and pulled out their hair....” 13:28 “one of the sons of Joiada, the son of Eliashib the high priest, was the son-in-law of Sanballat... I drove him from me.”
1. Loneliness 2:12 “I told no one what my God had put in my heart...”
2. Mocking 4:1-3 “When Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he was furious and very indignant and mocked the Jews. And he spoke before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, “What are these feeble Jews doing? Will they fortify themselves? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they complete it in a day? Will they revive the stones from the heaps of rubbish-stones that are burned? Tobiah the Ammonite said... ‘Whatever they build if even a fox goes up on it, he will break down their stone wall’
3. Conspiracy 4:7-8 “Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, Ammonites and the Ashdodites heard that the walls of Jerusalem were being restored and the gaps were beginning to be closed, they became very angry...all of them
conspired together to come and attack Jerusalem and create confusion.”
4. Threat 4:11 Our adversaries said, “they will neither know nor see anything, till we come into their midst and kill them and cause the work to cease.”
5. Craftiness 6:2 “Sanballat and Geshem sent to me...come let us meet together among the villages in Ono....but they thought to do me harm.”
6. Accusations 6:6 “Sanballat sent his servant to me....with an open letter in his hand...you and Jews plan to rebel...you are rebuilding the wall that you may be their king...come...let us consult together”
7. Treachery 6:10 “Shemaiah who was a secret informer.. said... let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us close the door of the temple, for they are coming to kill you indeed at night they will come to kill you...”
In such a situation of hindrance and problems one after another from every corners, he and his men succeeded in the task in a very less span of time. The Lord is searching for people like Nehemiah of this age to build the kingdom of God. I pray, may the Lord find you in place of Nehemiah and use you.
Yours because of the gospel in the Himalayas,
For your praise and prayer times
- A 20 year old girl Neelam, tortured by evil spirits for the past five years, whose parents had spent Rs.50000 on witch doctors was completely freed through prayer.
- Bro. Ramayan’s family freed from different
problems through prayer received Jesus into their lives.
- Two year old baby girl namely Pari was healed from boils. Her parents had applied ointments on her body and gave her medicines according to the advice of doctors, but she was more afflicted. Now she is alright by God’s grace.
- For the educational needs of missionaries’ children
- For right life partners to our pastors Wilson, Ram Janm, Ramji and Dilip Paul
- Pr. Wilson is in urgent need of a motor bike to visit villages, he also works with new fellowships in remote and hilly villages of his home state.
Bibles for All Ministries INC. www.biblesforall.com